The process of controlling things define Management ,Manage is to forecast and to plan, to organize, to command, to coordinate and to control as it builds a platform for development .There are Officials which has to be appointed to coordinate or organise the game in a smooth manner .They are 1.UMPIRES 2.REFEREE 3.TIME KEEPER 4.SCORERS.For a Kho Kho match there is requirement of (two) Umpires,(one) Referee,(one) Time Keeper,(two) Scorer.
- The Referee shall perform the following duties:
- He shall check the Score Sheet, Ground etc. and take the toss before starting the match (as explained in the Rules of The Game.) He shall help the Umpires to perform their duties. In case of any difference of decision between them, he shall give his final decision.
- If any player intentionally obstructs the conduct of the play or behaves in an ungentlemanly or mischievous manner or intentionally violets any of the rules, the Referee at his discretion shall penalise the defaulting player/s. The penalty at his discretion shall range according to the default from warning a defaulting player or the entire team to the extent of prohibiting participation in further play of the match.
- He shall announce the warning by calling the T-Shirt number of the player (Defender or Chaser) and simultaneously showing a Yellow Card. It shall be recorded by the Scorer-1 by marking “Y” against the T-Shirt number in the warning column.
- In a similar way Referee can show a Red Card to a defaulting player/team. This will also be recorded by Scorer-1 by marking ‘R’ against the T-Shirt number in Warning column. Such a Chaser/Attacker will be forbidden from further participation in rest of the play and for the next match too. He shall be immediately replaced and asked to leave the arena.
- If a Defender is shown a Red Card by the Referee to penalize his offence, he will be declared ‘out’ and shall be forbidden from the participation for rest of that particular match and for the next match too. His substitute will be allowed to play in the same batch if the batch is to come/play again in that particular turn.
- The Referee shall instruct the Time Keeper to start the turn after checking the readiness of both teams and officials.
- He shall synchronise his Stop watch with the Stop watch of the Time Keeper and shall check the time after each turn.
- He shall check the scores of the sides at the end of each turn from the Score Sheet and also announce the result of the match by checking the Score Sheet after the completion of the match.
- He shall alone keep the time during the additional inning of Minimum chase.
- Referee will communicate and coordinate amongst officials.
- He shall be over all responsible for the smooth conduct of a match.
- The Umpires shall move in the Lobby and shall conduct the game. For any reason, if they enter the Field, then they should come back to the Lobby immediately without obstructing the progress of the match. They shall give decisions by helping each other. Umpire shall declare a Foul and Compel Attacker to act up to rules, if Attacker does not follow the rules. If there is any unfair means in the Ground, they will warn the concerned players verbally and show Yellow Card and shall bring it to the Referee’s notice for further action, if necessary.
- The Time Keeper shall start the turn by blowing a long whistle followed by a short whistle, after getting the direction from the Referee. The end of the turn shall be declared by him also by blowing a long whistle. He shall enter the Lobby and declare the completion of each minute of play loudly by raising him arm holding a time indicator above head so as to display to all concerned.
He shall note down and check the names and T-Shirt number of the players. He shall record the performance of the players of both the teams. At the end of the match, he shall perpare the Final Scores of the two sides and the result of the match. He shall get the Score Sheet duly signed by all the officials. After completing the Score Sheet, he shall hand it over to the Referee for checking and declaring the result of the match.Scorer-2:
He shall record the order of the Defenders along with their batch. He shall keep a recorded of the Defenders who are OUT (along with the attacker who puts out) and asked them to sit in the place provided for them. He shall recorded the process of substitution. The coach should inform him for desired substitution, mentioning the T-Shirt number of player/s being substituted OUT & IN. He shall inform the Referee and Score-1 about the substitution being done. The Runners who may enter early shall not be declared out but called back by Scorer-2.
- After the start of a match, if any of the official/s is unable to officiate for any reason, the remaining officials shall manage the officiating till the end of the turn. If the official is unable to resume the work. A new official will replace him.
- The officials for a match shall be appointed by the competent Authority and shall function under the guidance of the Referee.